French Study Abroad

Study abroad in France! Check out the PDF flyer prepared by the Office of the Education Abroad Program or the EAP webpage on Study Abroad for French Majors.

Why? The opportunity to live and study in France for a semester or year is something that you will remember all your life. It is one thing to visit a country as a tourist, and quite another to live among French people, attend a French university, and immerse yourself in the French language and culture. Your perspective on the world will never be quite the same again. 

Who? For immersion programs, students who have completed French 1-6 with an average grade of B or better and have a cumulative GPA of 2.85 or better are eligible to apply to EAP's one-year or one-semester programs in France.

Where? The program sends students to universities in Paris, Bordeaux, and Lyon, with a limited number going to the prestigious faculty of Sciences Po in Paris. Applicants may state their first-choice preference.

List of current study abroad opportunities in France

What? There is a six-week orientation and intensive language program in France for most UC students before the academic year begins. Participants in the EAP pay the same fees they would pay at UCSB, as well as room, board, books and personal travel and living expenses.

For more information, please contact:
EAP Office
2431 South Hall
Phone: (805) 893-3763
Also visit the EAP website! or open the flyer for Study Abroad in France. 

...and my units?

If you are going abroad as a major, you can transfer a maximum of 24 UD units earned abroad toward your French major. If you're going as a minor, you will be able to transfer a maximum of 8 UD units towards your French minor. Make an appointment with the Undergraduate Advisor to talk about petitioning your units earned while abroad.